Thursday, October 15, 2009

I know it's silly



It's just food, and I know some people who would think that to be so excited about such a simple thing is unnecessary, but I say that those who find joy in the simple things can find the most joy in the profound.

This is my lunch. It is pretty close to the exact same thing that I make most days. A grilled sandwich. The difference today is that I used locally grown, organic vegetables that I picked up at the farmers market yesterday. You guys. . it made SUCH A DIFFERENCE. The bell pepper not only looked amazing, all multi-colored and marbled red and orange, but it SMELLED LIKE A BELL PEPPER. Also, I kind of have trouble with how much I cook things. Generally, I don't know when to stop and my tomatoes are mushy and my bread is a little black. Today: perfection. And, because it is rainy and cold out I made a little mug of mulled wine, which was not over-spiced or over-sweetened.

The howling wind and falling rain outside is in perfect opposition to the candles and little warm lunch inside.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh Meg Oh Meg!

Kate Craig said...

I always get excited about food too! And take pictures :)

willow said...

love

 
Site Meter